Стимулы для научных публикаций
In order to encourage the academic staff of Ankara University towards making high-quality scientific publications, financial incentives for attendance to scientific events will be provided within the framework of Scientific Publication Incentives (SPI) Program. The following Principles of Application have been laid down for the operation of the SPI program.
1- Scientific Publications within the Scope of SPI
In order to be eligible to benefit from the financial support from SPI, academicians, having produced the total or a significant amount of them as a result of the research work done in Turkey, must have the following:
- a) Full text articles (case presentations, short papers, letters to the editor etc. not included) with Ankara University address, published in scientific journals covered by ISI-Web of Science (the SCI list, not SCI-Expanded list will be taken into consideration), SSCI and AHCI or,
- b) Full text articles (case presentations, short papers, letters to the editor etc. not included) with Ankara University address, published in scientific journals not covered by ISI-Web of Science but well known to the world of science and therefore specified by Ankara University Executive Board, or
- c) Books written as a product of original research or chapters in such a book with Ankara University address and published by well-known publishing houses in scientifically advanced countries.
2- Eligible Scientific Activities for SPI, Types of Attendance to Activities and Amount of Support
- a) Scientific activities eligible for SPI are mainly international congresses, conferences, seminars, symposiums, workshops and courses organized abroad. International events held in Turkey, with international scientific, organizing and executive boards are also eligible for SPI.
- b) The scientific activities to be attended by the academicians who apply for SPI must correspond to the scientific area of the publications under consideration for incentive support.
- c) Those who have papers which have been accepted for presentation at international congresses, conferences, seminars and symposiums or in some areas of science those with posters equivalent to papers, or those who participate in the scientific, organizational, executive boards of such events; or appear as speaker, panelist, meeting/session chairperson or in similar positions (Group A) are entitled to full incentive support. Those who attend such events only as audience (Group B) are entitled to a limited amount of support.
- d) Those who attend international workshops or courses as speaker or as an instructor (Group A) are eligible for full support. Those who attend such events as audience only (Group B) are entitled to a limited amount of support.
3- The Amount, Number and Scope of SPI
SPI is financed from the university revolving fund. It is obligatory to follow the procedures defined under Law number 2547 Article 39 as well as revolving fund regulations and presentation of the receipts for the expenditures is necessary.
- a) The number of academic staff that will be eligible and the maximum amount of support that will be given to a candidate in one year will be determined by the University Executive Board, taking into consideration the amount of funds available.
- b) University Executive Board, taking into consideration the differences in scientific areas and the effects of incentives for valuable publications, may bring annual limitations to incentives in natural & applied, health and social sciences.
- c) SPI is provided for expenditures listed below:
- • Registration fees for scientific events
- • Accommodation
- • Travel expenses: The maximum amount of incentive support for one person for one event, can not exceed the amount determined by the University Executive Board and the proofs of payment of the above mentioned expenses including tickets, ticket receipts, accommodation receipts, scientific event registration receipts and/or documents must be presented.
- In cases where the support can not be provided in full, although the proofs of payment have been presented, the academicians can be compensated with daily allowances.
- d) An academician can receive SPI only once annually. If the academic units have their own SPI programs funded by their annexed budgets, the amount of support to be given by these programs can not exceed the amounts described in Article 5 for Group B. Presentation of an international paper is a minimum necessity for support within academic units for attendance to scientific events.
- e) Incentives provided by academic units can only be used once a year, regardless of financial source. Incentives can not be provided for a second time during the same year, even for different events.
- f) Academic units, in cases where their own revolving funds are adequate, can be permitted to provide incentives above the amount determined for Group A, provided that the conditions for publication described in Article 1 of these principles are met. However, the program and principles regarding this have to be approved by the University Executive Board.
4- Application for SPI and Evaluation
- a) For the applications of academicians for SPI in a certain year, at least one publication dated the same or the previous year or at least two publications dated two years ago will be necessary. Such publications should meet the conditions defined in Article 1.
- b) In a year, those academicians who have made publications twice or more the amount defined in Article 1, could be eligible for incentive support two years in a row, once each year. University Executive Board decision is necessary for such a case.
- c) In applications for incentives, the SPI Application Form (annex 1), together with the following documents must be presented:
- • Publications to be evaluated for SPI
- • The details about the scientific event to be attended such as the date, purpose, scope and program
- • Documents showing the acceptance of the paper/poster for presentation at a congress, conference, seminar or symposium & its presence at the event program as well as a personal letter of invitation or acceptance for the presentation.
- • Written documentation of invitation to the workshop or course, as a speaker or instructor, to the candidate’s person.
- • A letter explaining the scientific benefit of attending the scientific events for Ankara University, should be presented to the Rectorate by high level administrators of units such as faculty deanships or college directorships.
- d) Applications for SPI must be received by the Rectorate, at least one month prior to the date of the event the application is being made for.
- e) The application files for SPI will be evaluated by the “Scientific Publication Incentives Evaluation Commission” formed by the University Executive Board and be presented to the Rectorate as an attachment (annex 2) to the Commission Report. The decision for allocation of SPI will be taken by the University Executive Board after the evaluation of the Commission Report.
5- Ankara University Scientific Publication Incentives Program, Amounts of Support
- a) Faculty members of Ankara University who have publications as defined in Article 1 are entitled to the following amounts of incentives for attendance to scientific events, on the condition that they do not receive financial support for the same event from their faculties/ colleges/ graduate schools: (I) For academicians; For travel to the USA, Far East countries and other countries at a similar distance, A 1500 euro, B 800 euro; For travel out of Turkey, A 1200, euro B 800 euro; For travel inside Turkey, A 1000 euro B 500 euro. (A: Active participation in scientific events, B: Participation as audience in scientific events)
- b) The amounts of incentives given by the SPI program are decided on by the University Executive Board each year. In case a new decision has not been taken, the amounts defined in Article 5-a are in force.
- c) Application to SPI, if approved by the University Executive Board, can also be made for equipment needed for research. The cost of such equipment can not exceed the amounts specified in Article 5-a. The types of equipment that can be financed are to be decided by the University Executive Board each year. The application letter for support for equipment must be enclosed to the SPI Application Form.
- d) Applications to SPI, if approved by the University Executive Board, can also be made for scientific books needed for research. Such books will be registered to the library of the applicant academician’s faculty/ graduate school/ college but priority to use will reside with the applicant academician. The cost of such books can not exceed the amounts defined in Article 5-a. The application letter for support for books must be enclosed to the SPI Application Form.
6- Incentives for Scientific Events without the Condition of Publication
Ankara University faculty members who do not have published work in journals specified in Article 1 and who do not receive financial support from their faculty/ college/ graduate school, but will be making oral presentations at international events (global and European scientific events) will be supported for their expenditures defined in Article 3-c, with an amount of Turkish lira equivalent of 300 euro. The application letter for such a support must be enclosed to the SPI Application Form.
Related file(s): Please click to download
SPI Annex 1
Ankara University Scientific Publication Incentives Application Form
SPI Annex 2
Ankara University Scientific Publication Incentives Support Evaluation Report
Executive Board Decisions
Executive Board Decisions regarding Ankara University Scientific Publication Incentives